When purchasing a new projector, manufacturers and retailers will offer many buying options like New, Refurbished, or Used. There are differences between Refurbished and Used, which we will focus on today to understand the benefits of purchasing a Refurbished projector.
Here are some pros of buying a Refurbished Projector.
- Cost Saving: Generally Refurbished Projectors are cheaper than New
- Certified Testing: All refurbished projectors undergo certified testing which is carried out by the manufacturer. The faulty parts in the electronics are repaired and then tested again for checking their performance before they are diffused in the market for resale.
- Eco-Friendly: Buying refurbished electronics instead of dumping in landfills can bring a second life to the electronic devices. This can leave a positive impact on the environment and save it from getting polluted through the harmful penetration of the hazardous elements into the atmosphere
- Availability of Older Model: If you preferred a certain model and the company no longer sells that model, Refurbished will be the only option to buy these older models.
- High Chance of Like-New Conditions: There are a lot of times when a projector is returned due to a customer changing their mind. This will allow for a “Like-New” condition projector that is almost like new but significantly cheaper.
On top of the pros of buying a Refurbished Projector, you also have to be aware of the cons as well.
- Shorter Warranty: Some manufacturers will offer none or shorter term warranty for the refurbished projectors instead of the 1 year manufacturer warranty. Although companies like AAXA Technologies still offer 1 year manufacturer warranty on their refurbished products.
- Unknown life span: It is almost impossible to know the life span or used time on refurbished projectors.