Top 5 Essential Accessories For Your Home Projection Experience
Projectors have become an important part of modern homes and offices. Newer models of projectors have extensive range, with more connection settings and ports that enhance the user experience with different options to play and connect your devices. With the increase in projector’s capability, there is also an increase in accessories available for different projectors. There are a few essential accessories that help to improve the image quality while others enhance the viewers’ experience. Some projector accessories include tripods, carrying case, adapters, HDMI cables, etc…
- Projector Screen: The most important accessory to have with your projector is a good projector screen since it allows for a steady, clear image. The size and quality of the screen depends on the type of projector that you have. Most modern projectors can handle projection up to about 200 inches. It is also important to know how far to position your projector screen based on the projector’s throw ratio. For rooms that have high ambient light, a light-rejecting projector screen is a must unless you can shut out the light completely.
- External Speakers: Even though projectors have improved over the years, some still don’t come with built in speakers or come with very low quality speakers. Having one speaker will be enough to improve the sound quality, enough to enhance the quality of your viewing experience.
- Streaming Devices: Many projectors have video input through HDMI, which allows for the use of streaming devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and Chromecast. These devices provide more options to watch your favorite shows and movies without the need to stream videos from your laptop or phone directly to the projector.
- Display Adapters: If the connector on your computer or smartphone is different from those on the projector, then you will need to include an adapter in your projector accessories list. The most popular display connectors are Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter, USB-C to HDMI adapter, and Mini HDMI to HDMI. It is important to get the right adapter accessories as you will encounter display errors when using incorrect adapters for iPhone or Samsung smartphones.
- Carrying case or mounting brackets: The last accessories you should have with your projectors are the mounting brackets and carrying case. If you have a portable pico projector, you can get a carrying case that allows you to carry the projector wherever you go. A mounting bracket is nice to mount the projector into a fixed position.